Monterey County Gives! is a special project of Monterey County Weekly in partnership with CFMC, the Monterey Peninsula Foundation, and other partners. Each year, local non-profits that make a difference in the community are selected to participate. Please consider making your tax-deductible donation to Camp SEA Lab now though the end of the year.
Camp SEA Lab is dedicated...
to helping children explore the wonders of the marine environment from the top of the watershed to the bottom of the deep sea as they gain a greater appreciation for what science can teach them about our world and the importance of being good stewards for the ocean.
- Program run mid-June to early August
- Day camps (ages 8–15) based in Monterey, CA
- Overnight camps (ages 10–16) based at CSUMB dorms (cancelled for 2022)
- Marine science activities, conservation and career topics enriched with water sports (surfing, snorkeling, kayaking, boogie boarding)
- Sailing adventures (ages 13–17) leave from Monterey and Sausalito on four or five‑day cruises
Outdoor School booking for schools only
- Three-day, two-night residential science camp program at our sites in Aptos/Seascape, CA
- Day programs at Asilomar Beach or Elkhorn Slough
- Grades 4–8
- NGSS activities such as sand crab monitoring, plankton labs, and squid dissections
- Additional activities may include kayaking, coastal exploration, and campfires on the beach
- Fall (September–November) and Spring Seasons (February‑May)